• Gardens are a form of autobiography. ~Sydney Eddison, Horticulture magazine, August/September 1993
• Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com
• You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.
• Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination. ~Mrs. C.W. Earle, Pot-Pourri from a Surrey Garden, 1897
• No two gardens are the same. No two days are the same in one garden. ~Hugh Johnson
• I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
• In order to live off a garden, you practically have to live in it. ~Frank McKinney Hubbard
• One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
• I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden. ~John Erskine
• Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart. ~Russell Page
• It is utterly forbidden to be half-hearted about gardening. You have got to love your garden whether you like it or not. ~W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman, Garden Rubbish, 1936
• The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God’s heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.
~Dorothy Frances Gurney, “Garden Thoughts”
• Gardens are not made by sitting on the shade
. . . Rudyard Kipling
• Weeds for sale – pick your own
• As is the gardener, so is the garden
• I meant to do my work today,
but a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
and a butterfly flitted across the field,
and all the leaves were calling me.
• Kind hearts are the garden,
kind thoughts are the root,
kind words are the blossoms,
kind deeds are the fruit.
• You have to eat a lot of parsley to be an old sage
• FUNGUS AMUNGUS
• PLANTUS UNKNOWNUS
• WEEDIS VICTORIUS
• PEAKUS LASTWEEKUS
• TWIGGA MORTIS
• GARDENITIS UNCONTROLLUS
• Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don’t count on harvesting Golden Delicious.
• Bless my bloomers!
• Bring on the sunshine!
• Have patience… nothing grows quickly except weeds!
• Herbs add spice to your life.
• I plant the seed, you make it grow.
You send the rain, I work the hoe.
• “Weed it and Reap “
• “Grow where you’re planted”
• “God blesses the hands that work in a garden.”
• “Don’t grumble that roses have thorns …be thankful that thorns have roses!”
• Life is a garden – Dig In!!
• I’ve been wanting to make a sign to hang my garden tools on and it will say “Carpe Ritula” which means “Seize the spade”.
• “Weeds? What Weeds?”